Terms & Conditions
Please read this agreement carefully before using this service.
As you will see in the Policy, we only use the information collected to improve our services for our users. If after reviewing the Policy you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
When we say, “we,” “our,” or “us,” we’re referring to apilayer GmbH (trading as "invoicely").
When we say “Websites,” we mean our website located at invoicely.com and all subdomains and sites associated with those domains, and other websites that we operate now and in the future.
When we say “Services,” we mean our Websites, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), applications and content.
When we say “invoicely,” we mean our Websites and Services collectively.
When we say “information,” we mean all of the different forms of data that you provide us and that we collect from you from your use of the Services, your software, and your devices.
- Information We Collect:
- Information you provide to us: When you register for and use invoicely, you are providing us with information, which we collect. This information may include your name, billing and mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information. We use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf.
- Information from your use of Services: This information may include IP Address, location information, date and time, browser type, and any other action you might have taken to use and while using the Services.
- Cookies: When you use invoicely, we store "cookies," which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser, your operating system, and other similar information. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you block our cookies, our Services may not work properly.
- Web Beacons: Our third party partners may employ web beacons to track online user movement to help us better understand what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites and in newsletter emails. With web beacons, our third party partners may collect information about you, such as your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from our third party partners to improve our services.
- How We Use Your Information:
- To create your account.
- To bill you for services.
- To provide customer support.
- To transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, or acquisition.
- To better understand your needs and interests.
- To send newsletters.
- To personalize your experience.
- To improve our Services and our products.
- To send you updates and alerts and to contact you about your account.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information:
While we never share your personal information with nonaffiliated companies, we may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share information with service providers who provide necessary services to invoicely and to strategic partners who help us market invoicely - for instance to send out newsletters.
- To process payments. All Credit Card payments are being processed by PayLane Sp. z o.o., located at Arkońska Business Park, ul. Arkońska 6/A3, 80-387 Gdańsk, Poland.
- To provide customer support.
- When we have your permission to share your information.
- When we have given you prior notice that the information will be shared.
- When we are required by law, or legal process to disclose that information – such as a valid court order or a valid subpoena. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a valid government request.
- To enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users.
- If a transfer of your information is required under the terms of a reorganization, merger, or sale of the company.
- When we determine that information is aggregate information or other information that does not identify you.
We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order form, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- Correcting and Updating Information:
If you are our customer and would like to access or delete information that you provided, you may do this by signing in to invoicely and making the change or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may decline to process unreasonable requests or requests that are not otherwise required by local law.
We retain your information and data that we process on your behalf as long as your account is active, as needed to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
We have no direct relationship with third parties with whom our users may interact using the Services. Any such party who would like to amend or delete data which may be stored in the Services should direct his or her request to the applicable invoicely user acting as the “data controller” for such information.
Any such party who no longer wishes to be contacted by a invoicely user, should contact that invoicely user directly.
- Updates to this Document:
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here and by email.
- Contact Us: Feel like getting in touch? Contact invoicely customer support or email us directly at email@example.com.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SERVICE.
BY USING THE SERVICE OR CLICKING “AGREE” CUSTOMER IS AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF CUSTOMER IS AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF ITS EMPLOYER, THEN CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT IT HAS THE NECESSARY AUTHORITY TO AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT ON ITS EMPLOYER’S BEHALF.
This agreement is between apilayer GmbH (trading as invoicely), and the customer agreeing to these terms (Customer).
- SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE: This agreement provides Customer access to and usage of an Internet based software service as specified on an order and as further outlined at: invoicely.com (Service).
- USE OF SERVICE: This agreement provides Customer access to and usage of an Internet based software service as specified on an order and as further outlined at: invoicely.com (Service).
- Customer Owned Data: All data and logos uploaded by Customer remains the property of Customer, as between invoicely and Customer (Customer Data). Customer grants invoicely the right to use, publicly display and distribute the Customer Data for purposes of performing under this agreement. See the invoicely FAQs (invoicely.com/faq) regarding export of Customer Data.
- Contractor Access and Usage: Customer may allow its contractors to access the Service in compliance with the terms of this agreement, which access must be for the sole benefit of Customer. Customer is responsible for the compliance with this agreement by its contractors.
- Customer Responsibilities: Customer (i) must keep its passwords secure and confidential; (ii) is solely responsible for Customer Data and all activity in its account in the Service; (iii) must use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to its account, and notify invoicely promptly of any such unauthorized access; and (iv) may use the Service only in accordance with the Service’s Knowledge Base and applicable law.
- Technical Support: invoicely must provide customer support for the Service under the terms of invoicely Customer Support Policy (Support) which is located at invoicely.com/support, and is incorporated into this agreement for all purposes.
- API: invoicely provides access to its application-programming interface (API) as part of the Service for no additional fee. Subject to the other terms of this agreement, invoicely grants Customer a non-exclusive, nontransferable, terminable license to interact with the API only for purposes of the Service as allowed by the API.
- Customer may not use the API in a manner that fails to comply with the API technical documentation or with any part of the API. If any of these occur, invoicely can suspend or terminate Customer’s access to the API on a temporary or permanent basis.
- invoicely may change or remove existing endpoints or fields in API results upon at least 30 days’ notice to Customer, but invoicely will use commercially reasonable efforts to support the previous version of the API for at least 6 months. invoicely may add new endpoints or fields in API results without prior notice to Customer.
- The API is provided on an ‘AS IS’ and ‘WHEN AVAILABLE’ basis. invoicely has no liability to Customer as a result of any change, temporary unavailability, suspension, or termination of access to the API.
- 30-Day Trial Version: If Customer has registered for a trial use of the Service, Customer may access the Service for a 30-day time period (unless extended by invoicely in writing). The Service is provided AS IS, with no warranty during this time period. All Customer data will be deleted after the trial period, unless Customer converts its account to a paid Service.
- DISCLAIMER. invoicely DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WHILE invoicely TAKES REASONABLE PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MEASURES TO SECURE THE SERVICE, invoicely DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE ERROR FREE, AND USE MAY BE INTERRUPTED.
- PAYMENT: Customer must pay all fees as specified on the order, but if not specified then within 30 days of receipt of an invoice. Customer is responsible for the payment of all sales, use, withholding, VAT and other similar taxes. This agreement contemplates one or more orders for the Service, which orders are governed by the terms of this agreement.
- Payment Methods And Gateway: The Customer shall carry out payment of the total amount set out in the Subscription Plan using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Diner's Club, Disover, American Express) or PayPal. All Credit Card payments are being processed by PayLane Sp. z o.o., located at Arkońska Business Park, ul. Arkońska 6/A3, 80-387 Gdańsk, Poland.
- MUTUAL CONFIDENTIALITY
- Definition of Confidential Information: Confidential Information means all non-public information disclosed by a party (Discloser) to the other party (Recipient), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure (Confidential Information). invoicely’s Confidential Information includes without limitation the Service (including without limitation the Service user interface design and layout, and pricing information).
- Protection of Confidential Information: The Recipient must use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information (but in no event less than reasonable care) not to disclose or use any Confidential Information of the Discloser for any purpose outside the scope of this agreement. The Recipient must make commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to Confidential Information of Discloser to those of its employees and contractors who need such access for purposes consistent with this agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with Recipient no less restrictive than the confidentiality terms of this agreement.
- Exclusions: Confidential Information excludes information that: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to Discloser, (ii) was known to the Recipient prior to its disclosure by the Discloser without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to Discloser, or (iv) was independently developed by the Recipient without use or access to the Confidential Information. The Recipient may disclose Confidential Information to the extent required by law or court order, but will provide Discloser with advance notice to seek a protective order.
- PROPRIETARY PROPERTY:
- Reservation of Rights: The software, workflow processes, user interface, designs, know-how, and other technologies provided by invoicely as part of the Service are the proprietary property of invoicely and its licensors, and all right, title and interest in and to such items, including all associated intellectual property rights, remain only with invoicely. Customer may not remove or modify any proprietary marking or restrictive legends in the Service. invoicely reserves all rights unless expressly granted in this agreement.
- Restrictions: Customer may not (i) sell, resell, rent or lease the Service or use it in a service provider capacity; (ii) use the Service to store or transmit infringing, unsolicited marketing emails, libelous, or otherwise objectionable, unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party rights; (iii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service; (iv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or their related systems or networks; (v) reverse engineer the Service; or (vi) access the Service to build a competitive service or product, or copy any feature, function or graphic for competitive purposes.
- Aggregate Data: During and after the term of this agreement, invoicely may use non-personally identifiable Customer Data within the Service for purposes of enhancing the Service, aggregated statistical analysis, technical support and other business purposes.
- TERM AND TERMINATION:
- Term: This agreement continues until all orders have terminated.
- Mutual Termination for Material Breach: If either party is in material breach of this agreement, the other party may terminate this agreement at the end of a written 30-day notice/cure period, if the breach has not been cured.
- Suspension for Non-Payment: invoicely may temporarily suspend or terminate, or both, the Service if Customer’s payment on any invoice is more than 15 days past due. See the invoicely FAQs (invoicely.com/faq) for details.
- Maintenance of Customer Data:
- Within 90-days after termination, Customer Data will be available as specified in the invoicely FAQs (invoicely.com/faq).
- After such 90-day period, invoicely has no obligation to maintain the Customer Data and may destroy it.
- Return invoicely Property Upon Termination: Upon termination of this agreement for any reason, Customer must pay invoicely for any unpaid amounts, and destroy or return all property of invoicely. Upon invoicely’s request, Customer will confirm in writing its compliance with this destruction or return requirement.
- Suspension for Violations of Law: invoicely may temporarily suspend the Service or remove the applicable Customer Data, or both, if it in good faith believes that, as part of using the Service, Customer has violated a law. invoicely will attempt to contact Customer in advance.
- LIABILITY LIMIT:
- EXCLUSION OF INDIRECT DAMAGES: invoicely is not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or related to this agreement (including, without limitation, costs of delay; loss of data, records or information; and lost profits), even if it knows of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- TOTAL LIMIT ON LIABILITY: invoicely’s total liability arising out of or related to this agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) does not exceed the amount paid by Customer within the 6-month period prior to the event that gave rise to the liability.
- INDEMNITY: If any third-party brings a claim against invoicely, or requires invoicely to respond to a legal process, related to Customer’s acts, omissions, data or information within the Software, Customer must defend, indemnify and hold invoicely harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim or request.
- GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM: This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas (without regard to conflicts of law principles) for any dispute between the parties or relating in any way to the subject matter of this agreement. Any suit or legal proceeding must be exclusively brought in the federal or state courts for Travis County, Texas, and Customer submits to this personal jurisdiction and venue. Nothing in this agreement prevents either party from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in any litigation is entitled to recover its attorneys’ fees and costs from the other party.
- OTHER TERMS:
- Entire Agreement and Changes: This agreement and the order constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior or contemporaneous negotiations or agreements, whether oral or written, related to this subject matter. Customer is not relying on any representation concerning this subject matter, oral or written, not included in this agreement. No representation, promise or inducement not included in this agreement is binding. No modification of this agreement is effective unless both parties sign it, and no waiver is effective unless the party waiving the right signs a waiver in writing.
- No Assignment: Neither party may assign or transfer this agreement or an order to a third party, except that this agreement with all orders may be assigned, without the consent of the other party, as part of a merger, or sale of substantially all the assets, of a party.
- Independent Contractors: The parties are independent contractors with respect to each other.
- Enforceability and Force Majeure: If any term of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, the other terms remain in effect. Except for the payment of monies, neither party is liable for events beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation force majeure events.
- Money Damages Insufficient: Any breach by a party of this agreement or violation of the other party’s intellectual property rights could cause irreparable injury or harm to the other party. The other party may seek a court order to stop any breach or avoid any future breach.
- No Additional Terms: invoicely rejects additional or conflicting terms of any Customer form-purchasing document.
- Order of Precedence: If there is an inconsistency between this agreement and an order, the order prevails.
- Survival of Terms: Any terms that by their nature survive termination of this agreement for a party to assert its rights and receive the protections of this agreement, will survive. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply.
- Feedback: By submitting ideas, suggestions or feedback to invoicely regarding the Service, Customer agrees that such items submitted do not contain confidential or proprietary information; and Customer hereby grants invoicely an irrevocable, unlimited, royalty-free and fully-paid perpetual license to use such items for any business purpose.
- UPDATES: We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here and by email.
- CONTACT: Feel like getting in touch? Contact invoicely customer support or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.